Powered by RedCircle
Grief and masculinity: two topics that are often not talked about enough– or at all. Grief on it’s own is a difficult topic, and then we take into consideration the even smaller subset of men dealing with their emotions, it gets even harder.
For this episode, I invited Mark Manning to share with us how we can change the outdated ideas of masculinity, and how it isn’t so purely rooted in a man’s ability to repress or suppress their emotions.
Be sure to join us for this episode as we aim to change how we view and support grieving men!
- A bit about Mark Manning an his satirical writing
- Mark on losing his father
- His thoughts on time making grief easier AND harder
- A dive into Patton Oswalt’s public talks about his grief
- Mark using comedy to grieve
- A thoughtful gift from Mark’s friend to help him grieve, complete with a flask!
Connect with Mark Manning:
- Satirical Writing Incubator mentioned by Mark
- Patton Oswalt and Stephen Colbert Interview
- Huffington Post Article by Randall Horton
Enjoying #SSFYL? Be sure to subscribe and share with a friend!