Powered by RedCircle
This week I’m beyond excited to be joined by my very best friend on the podcast, Brittany Hook. As an only child, Brittany is the closest thing I have to a sister and I’m so proud of her for sharing her story on this episode. Brittany is typically more of a behind the scenes gal but in this episode she decided to bare it all and speak her truth. The result? A deep discussion on unmet expectations, the grief that comes from things or events that you plan and hope for that don’t turn out how you had them in mind, and a whole lot of vulnerability.
Brittany and I discuss the excitement around her first pregnancy that resulted in miscarriage, navigating pregnancy and postpartum in a Covid world and the heaviness that comes with it, unmet and unexpected expectations that come after birth such as breastfeeding and c-sections, the loss of Betty White, Khloe Kardashian’s unmet expectations, and more!
- The impact miscarriage imprints and how people really don’t understand unless they’ve been through it
- The insensitivities of words used around miscarriage and how damaging they are
- Why she had a difficult time acknowledging her second pregnancy out of fear
- Her second miscarriage and the differences in emotions between the two
- The struggles of dealing with judgements around parenting
- Turning to therapy and medication when it comes to grief
- Betty White and Khloe Kardahian: Unmet expectations in the pop culture space
**This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Visit www.BetterHelp.com/SSFYL for 10% off your first month of therapy**
Enjoying #SSFYL? Be sure to subscribe and share with a friend!
Website | www.ssfylpodcast.com
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/sosorrywithgianna
Facebook Group | https://www.facebook.com/groups/ssfylpodcast
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyoo17xXVkpLD0WiTbqsh8w